Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Results 131 to 137 of 137

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking now)

  1. #131
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Right now I'm listening to
    S-E-X, drums and Rock N' Roll by Thommy Price:

    Loves in Beat

    Don't really Matter

    Long Gone

    Come on

    Believe in me

    Produced by Thommy Price

    All words and Music by Thommy Price

    Recorded in NYC at Studio 900

    Engineered by Joe Johnson

    Drums,Guitars,Vocals by Thommy Price

    Bass Guitar by KurtFoltz

    Guest vocals by Maya Price and Tommy Dark

    Artwork and CD Design by CARIANNE LAGUNA

    The whole cd ROCKS...

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  2. #132
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a fairly big Cd collection, so its ez for a good Cd to get over looked for a while, ain't it?

    Yesterday I decided to change out the disc in my changer, as my fingers slid down the dusty covers, I stopped on Fit To Be Tied, I am almost ashamed to admit I have neglected Joan for so long of a time, So I pulled it out and It has been playing non stop for two days now (my ears are ringing).

    I love all the songs on it, Is that why it is called a Greatest hits? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    rOg

  3. #133
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    musik022
    On that note, I think I'll listen to MY newly acquired Juliette and The Licks disc!

    If my, on again off again, component system player is off again, I'll play it right on my computer! My portable unit has been on the blink for a couple months now, too.

    I am very curious about whether or not this amazing actress is speaking MY language in song!

    We shall see!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  4. #134
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gus danger:
    musik022
    On that note, I think I'll listen to MY newly acquired Juliette and The Licks disc!

    I am very curious about whether or not this amazing actress is speaking MY language in song!

    We shall see!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">By golly, she IS speaking my language!
    What would have been really CCool is if she had done the Cherie Currie song "I Will Be With You" which was written for her character in Natural Born Killers.
    Unfortunately, Oliver Stone, like an idiot, chose not to use it but it's a GRRREAT song and, well...
    I just think it would have been a CCool thing to hear Juliette and The Licks doing that particular Cherie Currie song!

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #135
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ellanoize:
    I have a fairly big Cd collection, so its ez for a good Cd to get over looked for a while, ain't it?

    Yesterday I decided to change out the disc in my changer, as my fingers slid down the dusty covers, I stopped on Fit To Be Tied, I am almost ashamed to admit I have neglected Joan for so long of a time, So I pulled it out and It has been playing non stop for two days now (my ears are ringing).

    I love all the songs on it, Is that why it is called a Greatest hits? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    rOg
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yo Rog,
    I don't have that one yet but I love The Hit List!
    She just happened to cover songs that just happened to be some of my favorites so I love hearing Joan's versions!

    I love her version of Season Of The Witch too!
    That is an all time favorite of mine!
    Do you happen to remember someone other than Donovan having a hit with that in the 60's?
    I figger if anybody would know, it would be you!

    Thanks bud!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  6. #136
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There have been several people cover Season of the Witch, I belive you are probably talking about Vanilla Fudge's version which was a minor hit.
    I also have a copy of Hole doing a live cover that is pretty cool.
    There was another west coast band that covered it, but I can't think of who it was, I think it might have been Moby Grape.
    Hope that helps ya.

  7. #137
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Moby Grape? Possibly! I just remember it was really good and it was a hit at the same time as Donovan's version was popular. I'm starting to think it might have been a regional hit, unbeknownst to me at the time!

    I am familiar with the Vanilla Fudge version but the one I'm thinking of sounds closer to Joan's version than that!

    I have that cool Hole version from the vault of WROG too and I'm counting myself lucky there!

    I guess I'll look into the Grape and I thank ya kindly for the input my good sir!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic